Friday 12 April 2013

Oww, my aching muscles...

I love going to the gym, it's a great way to get rid of the stress and strain of the working day, and makes a pleasant change from sitting behind my desk - who am I kidding?! It's hard work and so it should be!

For someone who hasn't put their aching, creaky body through it's paces in over 20 years last weeks Personal Training session was a shock to the system...

George, my lovely PT (and yes he is available for hire ladies - and gents... just ask me for details) decided in his wisdom that with me being an ex-sporty type person I would pick it back up again like a duck to water, so began the beasting...

Well, the session itself was OK, felt quite chuffed leg-pressing 80kg for 3 sets, plus lunges (forgotten how hard they were to do), squats, dead-lifts, followed by 45mins aquafit, a swim and a steam, a quick polish of my halo and I was good to go.

Then I had to negotiate the stairs - down - to the car-park - oh dear... my legs had suddenly forgotten how to function ie bend and straighten in the correct order, and driving the car was interesting as the clutch pedal seemed to want to emulate the leg-press machine with 80kg attached to it!

The following week has been like the Ministry of Silly Walks in our house with added expletives and 'ouch'es.

Now I've recovered it's back to the normal routine of aquafit, gym sessions and swimming 3 times a week - and yes, I'm still enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment