Thursday 28 March 2013

Gym bunny

Well, with the weather as bad as it's been, and only 7 weeks to go til the start of the walk, I thought it was time to join a gym. Being an ex-sports student I'd expect to be able to step into the gym and instantly be able to handle a strenuous workout...

Wrong! The brain may well be willing, but the body has other ideas. 19 years after leaving Uni (blimey - was it really that long ago?), and with the added complication of having fibromyalgia, the body is feeling the strain at the end of week 1. So I'm going to have to ease myself back into it.

The aim is to do at least 2 classes every week, plus 1 session in the gym, with a swim after every session.

I'm loving the actual 'doing' bit, despite the aches and pains that follow, it just feels great to be actually doing something I love again. Makes me realise how much I've missed my sport fix. Just got to get the pain management sorted to get me thru the next 6 weeks feeling fit and ready for the walk.

Now if I could only sort the weather out as easily....

No comments:

Post a Comment